playXP

서브 메뉴

Page. 1 / 84373 [내 메뉴에 추가]
작성자 아이콘 형님나가셨냐
작성일 2012-05-25 00:31:50 KST 조회 3,281
제목
박용운 감독 팀리퀴드 인터뷰(스압)
You've been working in Brood War for a while, and now Proleague has become a hybrid league. What do you think of Starcraft II?
감독님은 스타1 브루드워에서 일해왔고 현재 프로리그는 병행으로 운영되는데요. 스타2에 대해서 어떻게 생각하시나요?

PJY(역자주--PYW의 오타인듯): Starcraft II has a lot of new ideas and concepts in it, like warp-gates, colossi, reapers, etc., and I'm looking forward to what will happen with more patches and expansions.
-- 스타2는 차원관문이나 거신, 사신 등등 많은 아이디어와 컨셉이 새로 생겼어요. 저는 앞으로 더 패치가 되고 확장팩이 나오기를 기대하고있어요.

Internationally, there was a lot of talk about how it's an easier game than Starcraft 1, how do you feel about that?
여러 나라에서는 스타2가 스타1보다 쉬운 게임이라는 의견이 많은데요. 어떤것 같나요?

The difference between Brood War and Starcraft II is that there's a lot of automation, and in the world of pro-gamers, it requires less manual dexterity, so I think people feel that it's easier. While there are some similarities between the two games, there are differences as well, and ultimately I don't think you can say Starcraft II is 'easy.' The game can be very fast, and it requires good decision making on a moment's notice, so it's not an easy game.

-- 스타1 브루드워와 스타2의 차이는 많은 부분이 자동화되었다는거죠. 프로게이머한테 피지컬이 덜 필요하니 사람들이 쉽다고 생각하시는것 같아요. 하지만 비슷한 점이 있으면 다른점도 그만큼 있어서 결론적으로는 스타2가 스타1보다 더 쉽다고 할 수는 없다고 봐요. 게임이 엄청 빨라졌고, 짧은 순간에 판단해서 좋은 결정을 내려야하니까요. 쉬운게임은 아니에요.

What's more difficult in Starcraft II?
스타2에서 어떤 점이 더 어려워졌나요?

In terms of units vs units, you always think that 'I can win this battle if I can fight it in this particular way' in Brood War, but maybe because we haven't practiced enough yet, we're having trouble figuring it out in Starcraft II. Also, it's been hard to figure out timings.
-- 백병전을 보면, 스타1은 "이렇게만 싸우면 이번 전투는 내가 이긴다"고 계산할 수 있죠. 하지만 우리 팀이 연습이 덜돼서 스타2에서는 그런 계산이 잘 안돼요. 타이밍 재는 것도 힘들고요.

What kind of players are finding the transition to be the easiest?
어떤 선수가 스타2에 가장 빠르게 적응할까요?

The players who try the most? I mean to say, at a base level, the players who practice the most as obviously the best. And among those players, the ones who can grasp the characteristics of the game quickly, about units, counter relationships, etc., are developing the fastest.

-- 제일 연습을 많이 하는 선수? 제뜻은, 기초단계에서는 연습만이 살길이에요. 그런 선수들 사이에서는 게임 전체의 특성과 유닛의 특징, 상성관계을 빨리 파악하는 선수가 가장 빠르게 적응하겠죠.

Is there a player on SKT who seems to naturally gifted at Starcraft II?
T1에 스타2 체질인것 같은 선수가 있나요?

Right now, Jung Yoon Jong (ID: By.Sun or By.Rain) is very good in practice. To put it shortly, he's our highest ranking player on the ladder right now. He's a player who's played a lot of other games in the past, not even just RTS games, so maybe that's why he's fast to pick up games. Also, he looks at a lot of 'reference material,' and is naturally inclined to do research, so I think his transition was quick.
-- 지금은 정윤종 선수가 연습때 제일 잘해요. 쉽게말해서 우리팀에서 래더가 제일 높거든요. 윤종이는 아마 옛날에 RTS뿐만아니라 다른 게임도 많이 해서 적응을 잘 하는것 같아요. 게다가 참고자료를 많이 보고 자연스럽게 연구도 많이 하니까 빨리 적응하는게 아닌가 싶어요.

Did you watch Starcraft II before this official switch? Did you start doing any kind of preparation even before the announcement, thinking you should be ready for any possibility?
스타2를 정식으로 전환하기 전에 스타2를 보신적 있나요? 발표가 나기 전에 혹시나 해서 스타2를 준비하진 않았나요?

Our staff was interested in Starcraft II since the beta, and in my case, I played a lot of beta Starcraft II games with Boxer (when he was on SKT) during the off-season. Also, before the start of the previous, previous season, SKT players played a lot of Starcraft II. The colloquial expression would be “we practiced until we started spitting up blood.” So we had that practice under our belt, before going into the next Brood War season.
-- 우리 코치진은 베타때부터 스타2에 관심이 있었어요. 저같은 경우는 임요환선수가 T1에 있을때 비시즌동안 같이 스타2를 많이 했죠. 거기다가 지지난시즌이 시작하기전에 선수들이 스타2를 많이 했어요. 속된말로 피토할때까지 했습니다. 그러니 저희 팀은 다음 스타1 시즌이 시작할때까지 경험을 쌓은거죠.

SK also switched all of our computers, so that we could play Starcraft II. In the case of some other teams, they were in a situation where they couldn't play Starcraft II even if they wanted because their computer specs were too low, but we had the hardware to play some Starcraft II beforehand.

게다가 저희 팀은 스타2를 위해서 PC를 싹 다 바꿨어요. 다른 팀은 PC사양때문에 스타2를 하고싶어도 못했었지만, 저희는 사전에 스타2를 위한 하드웨어를 갖춰놓았죠.
(역자주-- 이래서 다른팀 감독들이 간담회때 T1보고 징징댔던듯.)

What's the ratio of practice for this new Proleague season?
이번 병행시즌 연습은 어떤 비율로 하셨나요?

Because the format is first half: Brood War, second half: Starcraft II, and ace match: Starcraft II, so statistically Starcraft II has a 66% weight. So we're practicing Starcraft II at a higher ratio than that, at about 80%. In terms of Brood War, the maps are the same as last season, so our practice is focused on going over the same ground.

-- 전반전이 스타1이고 후반전이랑 에이스결정전이 스타2라서 단순 계산으로는 스타2가 2/3정도 차지하죠. 그래서 저희는 스타2를 8할 이상 연습했어요. 스타1은 맵이 저번 시즌과 똑같아서 그냥 반복이었죠.

Mvp mentioned in an interview that it's very hard to play Brood War and Starcraft II at once. Do SKT players feel that way?
정종현선수가 스타1과 스타2를 같이 하는건 굉장히 어렵다고 인터뷰에서 밝혔는데요. T1 선수들은 어떻게 느끼고있나요?

I understand what he said in that interview – I played a
lot of Starcraft II beta during the off-season, and it was very confusing to play Brood War again, like worker rallying, etc. However, I think it's because no one's practiced specifically for that situation. If you play Starcraft II for a long time and then play Brood War, it's going to be hard. But our players are training to play both games, going back and forth between the two games. When I ask the players how they feel, no one's said that it's difficult, not just yet.
-- 정종현선수가 한 말이 충분히 이해가 가요. 저도 비시즌동안 스타2 베타를 많이 했는데 다시 스타1을 하려니 엄청 헷갈려요. 일꾼이 생산되자마자 자동으로 자원을 캐도록 할 수 있다던지.. 하지만 그건 아무도 이런 상황에서 연습한 적이 없기 때문인것같아요. 누군가가 스타2를 오랫동안 하다가 스타1을 한다면 좀 어렵겠지만, 우리 선수들은 두 게임을 번갈아서 플레이하는 훈련을 하고있어요. 어떻냐고 물어보면 아무도 어렵다고 하지 않았어요. 아직은요.

I do think there could be problems in terms of game quality, playing Brood War after a lot of Starcraft II. I don't think Brood War will have quite the same level of quality as before, that problem exists. But the players don't feel like it's extremely tough.

저는 스타2 연습을 많이 한 뒤에 스타1을 하면 경기력에 문제가 있을 수 있겠다는 생각은 하고있어요. 앞으로 스타1이 예전만큼 높은 경기 수준을 유지할거라는 기대는 안해요. 그런 문제는 있죠. 하지만 선수들이 못참을만큼 괴롭다고 느끼는건 아니에요.

Are you worried a lot about that? Because you play two games, you can't be the best at either game, and you will be stuck showing games that are below top-tier quality in both disciplines?
거기에 대해 많이 걱정하고 계신가요? 두 게임 모두 최고가 될 순 없으니 어느쪽도 최고수준의 경기를 보여줄 수 없는것 말이죠.

Yes, it's a concern. The teams and players competing in the GSL focus solely on Starcraft II, and we're playing two games. It's disappointing because it would be possible for us to show better games, but we can't. Still, I think that we'll catch up to the GSL competitors soon. At least, we're going into this league with that kind of confidence (laughs).
-- 그렇죠. 신경쓰여요. GSL에서 경쟁하는 팀들과 선수들은 스타2에만 집중하고 있고 저희는 둘 다 해야하잖아요. 더 나은 게임을 보여주는건 가능하긴 하지만 지금은 할 수 없다는게 절망적이에요. 하지만 저희가 곧 GSL의 경쟁자들을 따라잡을 수 있다고 생각해요. 적어도 이번 리그는 그정도 확신을 가지고 할겁니다 (웃음)

If you ask people in the Starcraft II industry about how long it will take Brood War players to completely transition, you get a lot of opinions, from three months to over a year. What's your opinion?
스타2 관계자한테 <스타1 선수들이 완전히 넘어가는데 얼마나 시간이 걸릴지> 물어보면 3달부터 1년이상 까지 다양한 답변이 나올거에요. 감독님의 생각은 어떤가요?

I think it will take until the end of this season. This season ends in September, so it's about five months. After that, and we're heading into the next season, I think we'll be able to stand toe to toe with the top players in the GSL.
-- 이번시즌이 끝날때정도면 따라잡을거라 생각해요. 10월에 끝나니까 5달이군요. 다음시즌을 준비할 때 쯤이면 GSL의 탑급 선수들과 한발짝 차이 정도로 따라잡을 것 같네요.

Do you think it would have been more convenient to have just switched to Starcraft II altogether?
그냥 완전히 스타2로 전환했으면 훨씬 편하지 않았을까요?

From a pro-team's perspective, of course it's far more convenient. But that's not our decision; it's based on what a lot of fans want, and what companies/sponsors want, and we have to adapt to whatever happens. Hybrid league is a bit tough, but... In a way it's a unique league in the world, playing two games at once. Working to create games that are fun and emotional for the fans is the best thing we can do.

-- 프로팀의 관점에서는 당연히 그게 더 편하죠. 하지만 그건 저희의 결정이 아니라 팬들이 원하는 것이고 또한 스폰서 기업이 원하는 것이기도 해요. 저희는 어떻게든 따라야죠. 병행이 힘들긴 하지만.. 두 게임을 같이 하는건 세계에서 유례없는 특이한 리그일거에요. 팬들이 재밌고 감동적인 경기를 만드는게 저희가 할 수 있는 최선입니다.

Of course, a championship is your goal. But considering that this season is so unique and strange, do you feel slightly less pressured to win this season, or maybe that rebuilding and preparing is more important?
당연히 우승이 목표시겠지만, 시즌이 좀 특이하다보니 이번시즌은 우승이 좀 부담되실것 같은데요. 아니면 팀의 재건이 더 중요한가요?

All of that has crossed my mind, but because we're professionals, we still believe we must win. This is a peculiar season with a sweeping change, and I think it's more valuable to win in this kind of season. If our players can get together and adjust to something new, instead of doing what they've always done, I think it would be more valuable. We're more motivated to win than during last year's season.
-- 저는 그 두 목표 모두를 생각하고 있지만, 저희는 프로기 때문에 여전히 저희가 우승할거라고 믿습니다. 이번 시즌은 과도기적이고 특이한 시즌이니, 이런 방식의 승리가 더 가치있다고 생각해요. 우리 선수들이 항상 하던것 대신에 함께 노력해서 새로운 것에 적응하는 게 의미가 있죠. 저희는 저번 시즌의 우승보다 더욱 동기부여가 잘 되어있습니다.

You seem to be going for the plan of being good at both Brood War and Starcraft II. Do you think other strategies are viable as well? Do you expect other teams to use strategies such as focusing solely on Starcraft II, or having certain players that only play one game?
스타1과 스타2 모두 좋은 성적을 거두려는 전략인 것 같네요. 그외의 전략도 그만큼 성공할 수 있을까요? 다른 팀은 팀 전체가 스타2에만 집중한다든가, 어떤 선수는 한 게임만 연습한다든가 하는 전략을 사용할까요?

Yes, I think it's completely possible. In particular, I think there's a chance that teams such as Air Force ACE that were having a hard time before could all-in on Starcraft II. I've heard for a fact that certain teams are doing this. They've played Brood War for years now, so they're just planning to get squeeze the bare minimum they can out of Brood War, and focus primarily on Starcraft II.
-- 그럼요. 충분히 가능하죠. 이전에 성적이 좋지 못했던 공군ACE같은 팀은 스타2에 올인할 가능성이 있다고 봐요. 특정 팀은 그렇게 하고 있다는 정보를 들었구요. 그 팀은 스타1에 최소한만 남겨두고 스타2에 집중할 계획이라네요.

You must know a lot of ex-Brood War players and coaches who are now working in Starcraft II. Do you talk to them often, or ask for advice?
스타1에서 일했던 코치나 선수들이 지금 스타2에 있는건 잘 아실텐데요. 그분들이랑 자주 얘기하거나 조언을 구하고 있으신가요?

Yes, they've done a lot of building up to now, and I'm trying to reference a lot of that. I talk to Starcraft II players and staff on battle.net a lot, and we've implemented a few things.
-- 네. 그 사람들은 지금까지 엄청난 발전을 이뤘고 많이 참고하려고 노력하고있어요. 스타2 선수들 스탭들과 많이 얘기하고 있고, 몇개는 적용하고있어요.

The Heart of The Swarm expansion will probably be out sometime next year. Do you see that as an opportunity, like a kind of “reset” that happened with the release of the Brood War expansion?
군단의심장 확장팩이 내년쯤에 출시가 예상되는데요. 그게 브루드워 확장팩이 나왔을때의 대격변처럼 기회가 될 것으로 보시나요?

I think that will be another turning point in Starcraft II. I've tried it out with the custom maps that have the new units implemented.

-- 스타2의 또다른 터닝포인트가 될거에요. 저는 새 유닛이 적용된 유즈맵을 찾아보고있어요.

I don't think that Terran has much variety in unit composition right now. In Brood War you play bio vs Zerg and mech vs Protoss, and there's a lot of interesting ways to use units like that. I think for there to be more variety, the expansion could help a lot. They should buff tanks! (laughs)

지금은 테란의 유닛조합이 다양하지 않은 것 같은데요. 스타1에서는 바이오닉으로 저그를 상대하고 메카닉으로 토스를 상대하는 것처럼 재밌는 방법이 많아요. 확장팩이 나오면 훨씬 다양해지겠죠. 공성전차는 상향해야되요 (웃음)

There's a lot of balance patches in Starcraft II, compared to Brood War that hasn't had a balance patch in a very long time. Players in Brood War had to find all the solutions for themselves over years of effort, while Blizzard is taking a more active part in Starcraft II. How do you feel about that difference?
스타1은 오랫동안 안 됐었지만 스타2는 밸런스패치가 자주 나왔어요. 스타1 선수들은 스타1에 몇년간 연습하면서 해결책을 찾지만 블리자드는 스타2에 훨씬 탄력적인 부분이 있죠. 차이를 느끼시나요?

I think it's great that Blizzard is paying a lot of attention to this game. The thing I'm worried about is the timing of patches, with so many leagues in the world. I think communication between Blizzard and the leagues is very important. A patch hitting at an important point in the league would be very bad.
-- 블리자드가 많이 신경을 써주는건 좋은 일이죠. 걱정되는건 패치의 타이밍이에요. 블리자드와 리그의 의사소통이 중요하다고 생각해요. 리그의 중요한 시점에 패치를 내는건 바람직하지 않죠.

Brood War only became big in Korea, whereas Starcraft II is even bigger internationally than it is in Korea. Is that something you're thinking about as you go into this league?
스타1은 한국에서만 큰 화제가 되었지만 스타2는 한국보다 외국에서 더 커졌어요. 이번 리그에 참가하면서 그점을 신경쓰고있나요?

Starcraft II's the biggest merit is that it's a global game. My heart beats faster when I think about SKT players like Bisu or Fantasy playing on the world stage, and when I wonder if the top Brood War players can reach those positions in global leagues like they have inside Korea. I'm looking forward to them playing great games in front of fans from around the world.
-- 스타2의 가장 큰 매력은 세계적인 게임이라는 것이죠. 택용이나 명훈이가 세계무대에서 경기할 생각을 하면 제 가슴이 뛰어요. 그리고 언제 스타1의 탑플레이어가 글로벌리그에서 그정도 위치에 다다를지도 궁금하구요. 저는 선수들이 세계의 팬들 앞에서 좋은 경기를 펼칠 기대를 하고있어요.

Does SKT plan to specifically target the foreign audience?
SK텔레콤이 특별히 외국관객을 겨냥할 계획을 하고있나요?

Well, that's the front office's job, so I can't really say.
-- 팀 프론트의 일이라서 정확히 말씀드리긴 어렵네요.

One of the reasons Starcraft II became so big overseas, and one way a lot of foreigners accumulated fans was through personal streaming. What do you think about it?
스타2가 세계적으로 유명해지고 팬을 만든 계기는 개인방송이었는데요. 어떻게 생각하세요?

It has pros and cons – but I haven't seriously thought about it yet. I think it's something that's happening because of how the income model is for players in Starcraft II. If they were busier, I don't think they would be streaming.

-- 장단점이 있는것같아요. 심각하게 생각해 본 적은 없어요. 스타2 선수들을 위한 수익모델이 어떻게 될까에 대한 문제인것 같아요. 그들이 바빠진다면 개인방송은 하지 않을거에요.

The KeSPA teams and Starcraft II federation teams are separate for now. What do you expect to happen down the line?
현재 케스파와 스타2 협회는 분리되어있는데요. 결국에는 어떻게 될 것 같으세요?

Well, no one can know the future. But in my opinion, I think that because our starting points were different, we'll go our separate ways for a while. It's possible that in the future we will join together, but it could also end up in a format where we stay separate like an Eastern and Western conference.
-- 글쎄요, 미래는 모르는거죠. 제생각에는 그 둘의 시작점이 달랐기때문에 한동안은 따로 갈 것 같아요. 미래에는 합칠 가능성도 있지만, 동부지구와 서부지구처럼 분리되어있을수도 있죠.
(역주-- 동부 서부 나누는건 미쿡 프로스포츠의 전매특허다. 여기서는 양대리그와 비슷한 개념일듯.)

A lot of hardcore Brood War fans are very disappointed about the hybrid Proleague. Do you have any comments for them?
헤비 스덕들이 병행리그에 실망한것 같아요. 하실 말씀이 있으신가요?

I sympathize with how the fans feel, and personally, I feel sad that there won't be a pure Brood War league anymore.
-- 팬들이 어떻게 느꼈을 지는 저도 공감해요. 개인적으로도 순수 스타1 리그가 더이상 없을거라는게 슬퍼요.

But there's nothing that can be done about that. I think that we must avoid a situation like what happened to Korean pro-volleyball or pro-
ssireum (Traditional Korean wrestling). Instead of losing Brood War in a similar fashion, I think it's a lot better to go this way, because at least you can watch the same players. Also, those players can go abroad and gain more fans, which is great as well.
하지만 거기에 대해서는 더 할수있는게 없어요. 우리는 프로배구나 프로씨름같은 상황을 피해야했으니까요. 그런 식으로 스타1을 잃는것보다는 이게 더 나아요. 적어도 같은 선수들을 볼수있잖아요. 게다가 그 선수들이 외국진출도 할 수 있고 더 많은 팬을 얻을 수도 있는거죠.

So please don't feel too hurt. Starcraft II is a bit difficult to watch at first, and there are a lot of differences, but we would really appreciate it if you watched us.

그러니 너무 실망하지마세요. 스타2는 스타1과 차이도 나고 처음에 조금 어렵긴 하지만 팬분들이 봐주신다면 기꺼이 할겁니다.

Do you think that skill as a coach transfers more easily between games than skill as a player?
감독으로서의 스킬이 선수들의 스킬보다 더 빨리 적용될까요?

I've always felt during my time as a coach – and I always tell this to our coaching staff as well – you must be specialized to your game. I've always done a lot of research and analysis, and I think that's required. Also, the coaching staff has to be on the same page with the players, knowing their characteristics, habits, and styles.

-- 제가 감독으로서, 우리코칭스탭들한테 늘 하는 말인데, 늘 생각하는건 <당신은 당신의 게임에 특화되어야 한다>는 거에요. 저는 항상 많이 연구하고 분석하고있고, 또 그래야돼죠. 코칭스탭들은 그들의 특성과 습관, 스타일을 알고 선수들과 공감해야해요.

I think the difficulty in switching games is similar for players and coaches. Achieving the requisite level of specialization to be a coach is very hard, and our staff has to manage all the players and also find time to research Starcrafft II. In T1's case, our staff starts work earlier, and leaves later than the players. We don't have that much time, and we need to understand a lot about Starcraft II if we want to talk to our players about it. You need to know as much about the game as the players, or else you can't control them.

제생각엔 스타2 전환의 어려움은 선수들과 코치들이나 비슷해요. 코치라는 직업에 특화되는 것은 매우 어렵고, 우리 스탭들은 모든 선수들을 관리하면서 스타2를 연구해야해요. 우리팀의 경우는 스탭들이 선수들보다 일찍 일을 시작하고 늦게 마치죠. 시간은 촉박하고 선수들과 대화하려면 스타2를 충분히 많이 알아야돼요. 게임에 대해서 선수들만큼은 알아야되고, 그렇지않으면 컨트롤할 수가 없죠.

Is managing players in Starcraft II very different for a coach? The ladder system is very different, it's easier to scout out your opponent's accounts and see builds, etc.
감독으로서, 스타2에서 선수들을 관리하기 힘든가요? 래더시스템이 매우 다르잖아요. 상대팀의 아이디를 찾고 빌드를 보기 쉬워졌다든가 하는것 말이죠.

The system for Starcraft II is very good, but it could be more private. T1, and KeSPA as well, have requested some help from Blizzard in that aspect. Something like a separate server, or some way players can practice with privacy.
-- 스타2의 시스템에는 만족하지만 더 보안이 잘 되어야해요. T1과 케스파도 그런 점을 블리자드에 요청해왔어요. 비공개서버라든가, 보안이 유지되는 상황에서 연습할 수 있는 방법 말이죠.

Brood War practice was based heavily around internal practice between teammates, but Starcraft II is very ladder-centric. Are you practicing mainly on ladder, or have you already moved on to internal games?
스타1의 연습은 팀 선수들끼리의 내부적인 연습에 기초하고 있는데요. 하지만 스타2는 많은 부분이 래더기반이죠. T1은 주로 래더에서 연습하나요, 이미 내부적인 연습을 하고있나요?

Right now, we think it's best to get a broad range of experience, so we're playing primarily on ladder right now. I think by the middle of the first round, we'll start playing more internal matches.
-- 현재 저희는 다양한 경험이 중요하다고 생각했기때문에 래더를 주로 하고있어요. 1라운드 중반쯤이면 내부연습을 시작할 수 있을거에요.

Could you tell us how well your players are doing on the ladder right now? Like say, someone is GM #....
선수들이 래더에서 어느 레벨까지 갔는지 말씀해주실 수 있나요? 들리는 말에는 어느 선수가 그랜드마스터라던데..

In the case of our team, we played in the previous Proleague finals and we went to Hawaii after that, so we haven't had that much time to practice, compared to the other teams. The other teams do have some GM players, or so I've heard.

-- 저희팀의 경우에는 프로리그 결승전을 치르고 하와이에 가서 다른팀에 비해 연습할 시간이 없었어요. 다른팀은 정말로 그랜드마스터가 있겠죠. 그렇게 들었어요.

Still, you don't get into GM just because you're good, you also have to play a sufficient number of games. I think we have GM class players, but no one is actually in GM league yet. Most of our players are in the 1000's of Masters League.

실력만 있어서는 그랜드마스터를 딸 수 없어요. 엄청난 수의 게임을 해야되죠. 저는 우리팀에 그랜드마스터급 선수들이 있다고 생각하지만 아무도 진짜 따지는 못했어요. 대부분은 마스터리그에 있어요.

Players like Flash, Jaedong, etc., are coming into Starcraft II with huge expectations in the international scene – people seem to almost believe they are just naturally talented at RTS. Why do you think they were so good at Brood War, and do you think they will be good at Starcraft II?
리쌍의 스타2 진출이 세계적인 기대를 받고 있는데요. 많은 사람들은 리쌍이 RTS에 천부적인 재능이 있다고 믿어요. 왜 리쌍이 스타1에서 잘했을까요? 그리고 스타2에서도 잘할까요?

It's true that if you're not talented, you can't reach the very top. So they're all talented at a base level. While I haven't seen Flash or JD up close, if you look at players like Bisu or Fantasy on our team, they combined their talent with an
enormous amount of effort. The amount of effort they put in is just on another level from an ordinary pro-gamer. The guys who make it to the top are like that, because they have so many fans watching their games, so they have to put in that kind of effort to show their fans the best games possible.
-- 재능이 없었으면 정상에 오르지 못했을거에요. 천부적인 끼가 있는거죠. 리쌍을 가까이에서 보진 못했지만 택명을 가까이에서 본다면, 그들이 재능뿐만아니라 엄청난 양의 노력을 한다는걸 알거에요. 그들의 연습량은 보통 프로게이머와는 달라요. 최정상급에 있는 선수들은 다 비슷할거에요. 많은 팬들이 그들의 경기를 지켜보고있기때문에 그들이 그만큼의 노력을 쏟아부어야하는 거죠. 최선이자 최고의 경기를 보여주기 위해서요.
(역주-- 포덕들의 택뱅리쌍 천재형게이머 노력형게이머 논쟁은 쓸데없다는걸 여러차례 확인시킨다.)

But for players like that to take the next step, they need the right people next to them, helping them out. If you try to do it alone, you're going to progress slowly. You have to help them out in every way possible, so they they can develop quickly. You need all three: talent, effort, and coaching.

하지만 다음 단계가 남아있는 선수들은 옆에서 도와줄 좋은 사람이필요해요. 혼자서 하려면 늦을거에요. 그들이 빠르게 발전할 수 있도록 모든 수단을 동원해서 도와줘야하죠. 필요한 세 가지는 재능, 노력, 코칭입니다.

Do you believe then, because the current Starcraft II teams aren't being run in a systematically efficient way like the KeSPA teams, that the KeSPA teams will overtake them in the long run?
그렇다면, 현재의 스타2 팀들이 케스파팀들같은 효율적인 시스템이 없으니 케스파 팀들이 장기적으로 추월할 것이라는 뜻인가요?

Yes, I say this cautiously, but I'm confident that will happen. (laughs)
-- 네. 조심스럽게 말씀드리지만 저는 확신합니다. (웃음)

I've been working with pro-gaming teams for eight years, and I've tried so many different things, different practice methods in that time. Through those efforts, our current methods have become stabilized and refined. With our experience, I think we will be able to step ahead of the current teams.

저는 프로게임팀에 8년간을 일했고 다양한 것들, 다양한 연습방식을 시도해봤어요. 이런 노력을 통해서 현재의 방식은 정형화되었고 정제되었죠. 저희의 경험상, 현재의 팀들을 충분히 추월할 수 있을거라 생각합니다.

Any Starcraft II players you like in particular?
특히 좋아하는 스타2 선수가 있다면?

JulyZerg.

-- 박성준이요.
(역자주-- 엠겜출신이니 당근 친할듯. 이번 비전선포식때도 만났다.
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=107&oid=236&aid=0000062316)

*Everyone laughs. I don't know why.

(다 웃었지만 난 왜웃는지 몰랐다.)

Anyone who didn't come from Brood War?
스타1 출신이 아닌 선수는요?

Oddly, I end up mostly watching players who used to play Brood War. They just have so much personality.
-- 이상하게도 스타1을 했던 선수들만 보게 됐어요. 개성이 있으니까요.

I do like players like say, MarineKing, because he has his own unique characteristic, in his case making a lot of marines and using them well.

이정훈 선수도 정말 좋아해요. 이정훈 선수만의 개성이 있으니까요. 그선수는 해병을 많이 생산하고 쓰기도 잘 쓰죠.

How about foreigners?
외국선수는요?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see that many of their games, because we don't have time to watch Starcraft II during the PL season. I'll try to see more of their games.
-- 불행히도 많이 보지는 못했어요. 프로리그시즌동안에는 스타2를 볼 시간이 없어서요. 더 많이 보려고 노력할게요.

A lot of foreign fans are despairing at the idea of 200 more Korean pros joining the scene. Any words of hope?
많은 외국팬이 200명이상의 한국 프로게이머가 진출한다는 소식에 멘붕하고있어요. 희망의 한마디를 해주신다면?

(Surprised) Despairing? Why?

-- (놀라며) 멘붕이요? 왜요?

Koreans are kind of owning them already.
한국인의 종특이라는거죠.

Oh, well then I invite the despairing gamers to try-out for our team. If you play with us, I'm sure that you can compete with the best Korean players. Come to Korea!

-- 아, 그러면 제가 그 멘붕한 게이머분들을 초대해서 입단테스트를 해볼게요. 게임해보면 한국 최고 선수들과 경쟁할수 있을거라고 장담하죠. 한국에 오세요!

So you'd be open to acquiring foreign players, if they showed the talent?
외국인 선수에 개방적이라는거군요. 재능만 보여준다면?

Personally I'm very positive about it, but that's up to the front office in the end. I would enjoy living with foreigners and seeing what they're like. Also, the way they approach games is a bit different from Koreans, so I would like to analyze that difference and find exactly why Koreans become top-class gamers. But I would have to learn English first, I guess? (laughs)

-- 개인적으로 저는 아주 긍정적이에요. 결국에는 프론트가 결정할 일이지만요. 저는 외국 분들과 살면서 그들을 관찰하는걸 재밌어할겁니다. 또한 그들이 게임에 접근하는 방식도 한국인과는 다르겠죠. 저는 차이를 분석하고 왜 한국인이 탑클래스 게이머가 됐는지 연구하고싶네요. 하지만 그전에 영어를 좀 배워야겠죠? (웃음)

Any last comments?

마지막으로 하고싶은말씀?

We've started playing Starcraft II now, but we're still playing Brood War at the same time, and we haven't had much time to prepare yet. So even if our players happen to disappoint in their games, I hope you'll be a bit easy on us for at least this season. This is a first step where were still developing, but by September we'll start showing some proper, entertaining Starcraft II games. As always, thanks for supporting us!

-- 저희는 스타2를 지금 시작했지만 동시에 스타1도 계속 하고있고, 제대로 준비할 시간이 아직은 없어요. 그러니 저희 선수들이 비록 실망스러운 경기력을 보여주게 돼도, 적어도 이번시즌은 너그럽게 봐주시기를 바랍니다. 이번 시즌은 발전하는 첫 단계이지만, 10월까지는 제대로된, 재밌는 스타2 경기를 보여드릴겁니다. 항상 성원에 감사드립니다!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fomos.kr/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=esports_free_11&wr_id=868567

포모스에서 긁어왔습니다.

자신감 넘쳐서 보기는 좋은데

리플 관련 문제로 소음이 많았던 만큼 곱게만 보이지는 않네요.

지속적인 허위 신고시 신고자가 제재를 받을 수 있습니다.
신고 사유를 입력하십시오:

발도장 찍기
아이콘 엔에스피쥬스 (2012-05-25 00:38:20 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지
입단테스트를 보고 리플만 받고 님 아웃.
아이콘 Lainworks (2012-05-25 00:39:19 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지
이것때문에 강동훈감독님이 빡쳤군
아이콘 형님나가셨냐 (2012-05-25 00:40:01 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지
? 강동훈 감독님 뭔 일 있었나요
마더니스불곰 (2012-05-25 00:41:36 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지를 등록해 주세요
훈련방식에서는 스2게임단보다는 우월하다고 자신감이 아주 그냥..

정종현 선수도 스1 탑클래스 선수들 스2 제대로 연습하면 3개월 정도라고 예상했으니 진짜 모르겠당...
아이콘 서귀포 (2012-05-25 00:44:13 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지를 등록해 주세요
we would really appreciate it if you watched us.
봐주신다면 기꺼이 하겠습니다 -> 봐주신다면 감사하겠습니다
아이콘 -치즈퐁듀- (2012-05-25 00:46:27 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지를 등록해 주세요
Yes, it's a concern. The teams and players competing in the GSL focus solely on Starcraft II, and we're playing two games. It's disappointing because it would be possible for us to show better games, but we can't. Still, I think that we'll catch up to the GSL competitors soon. At least, we're going into this league with that kind of confidence (laughs).
-- 그렇죠. 신경쓰여요. GSL에서 경쟁하는 팀들과 선수들은 스타2에만 집중하고 있고 저희는 둘 다 해야하잖아요. 더 나은 게임을 보여주는건 가능하긴 하지만 지금은 할 수 없다는게 절망적이에요. 하지만 저희가 곧 GSL의 경쟁자들을 따라잡을 수 있다고 생각해요. 적어도 이번 리그는 그정도 확신을 가지고 할겁니다 (웃음)

닥치시오-_- 지난경기보고 그런말 나오냐?
마더니스불곰 (2012-05-25 00:47:38 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지를 등록해 주세요
ㄴ솔직히 그 경기보면 저말이 다 개소리같이 보이긴함
아이콘 엘사인 (2012-06-03 17:11:19 KST)
0↑ ↓0
센스 이미지를 등록해 주세요
이야 오늘 경기를 보고 이걸 또 보니 기분이 진짜 상콤하네
댓글을 등록하려면 로그인 하셔야 합니다. 로그인 하시려면 [여기]를 클릭하십시오.
롤토체스 TFT - 롤체지지 LoLCHESS.GG
소환사의 협곡부터 칼바람, 우르프까지 - 포로지지 PORO.GG
배그 전적검색은 닥지지(DAK.GG)에서 가능합니다
  • (주)플레이엑스피
  • 대표: 윤석재
  • 사업자등록번호: 406-86-00726

© PlayXP Inc. All Rights Reserved.